Empowering people through thinking and problem-solving is helpful. But much more than that is needed in too-many cases.
- Would not a period of internship, that surely helps in health professions, be in order for all disciplines?
What about the emotional department? How many of us know ourselves well enough to read ehe works of
Zimbardo and interpret their findings objectively without feeling threatened?
- Does our educational system provide us with the self-actualization we all need to do our best work, and help us explore new fields?
- Does our system promote a balance between our individual internal- and external-loci of control? Does it help to explain why a balance is even necessary?
- Our founding fathers were well endowed for their times, but are we? Surely we have more information and experience than they to draw upon. So why can we not even agree on what they had to say?
- Should not relating theory to practice and enabling follow-through learning to learn and using that knowledge in other words, be the goals of all educational systems?
Posted by RoadToPeace on Wednesday, January 18, 2012.