The trap: Sociopaths like to do their dirty work in the dark. This is akin to snares set by the Far-North trappers. We don't see it--too late, we feel it. Opaque governance is perhaps an ultimate manifestation. Talk about America! But we are not alone, far form it.
- From previous page: What if, in more private environments, our hot shot:
- irritates, scares or antagonizes others;
- never takes responsibility;
- is manipulative, demanding and
- always puts his/her self-interest first with no concern whatever for others—or the consequences?
- This composite is sociopathic.
How can we recognize these people?
- Practice “reading” people; look for incongruous behavior
- Do our homework on their public record and background
- *** Get To Know Them Well ***
- If they are children, look for extreme negative behaviors as well as cruelty to animanls and other children.
The most dangerous sociopaths are those that are most sociable. Just as a serial killer can entice a victim, so a sociopath can entice a family, movement, corporation, religion, nation. Current history is living proof. The sociopath usually goes undetected until the wrecking has been done.
For more detail on this critical issue see: Interview with Martha Stout.
Links to: Sociopathology & Authoritarianism
Posted by RoadToPeace on Friday, September 14, 2007.